Recording + Streaming Hardware
- Main camera for streaming and YouTube is the Sony A6400 with the Sigma 16mm lens that runs through the El Gato Camlink.
- My secondary camera that I use for TikToks is the Canon M50 with Sigma 16mm lens
- My main microphone is the Shure Sm7b mounted on the Rode PSA 1 Boom Arm. I run an XLR cable from the microphone to the DBX 286s Preamp and from there into the Scarlet 2i2 Interface.
- My travel/backup microphone is the Shure MV7 that I can plug in using XLR or USB directly to the computer. I also carry a smaller microphone, the Sennheiser MKE 400
- For lights, I use two El Gato Key Lights as well as a cheap ring light.
- I also use a Streamdeck for some automation while recording.
- I use a M1 Macbook Pro Max with 64GB of ram and 1TB SSD.
Recording, Editing, and Steaming Software
- I primarily use Screenflow for both recording and editing. It’s the best option I’ve found for recording multiple separate feeds at once (webcam and desktop). The editing experience is ok…
- For streaming, I am currently using Streamyard. It’s the easiest tool I’ve found for streaming although I have less control/customization than I would if I used OBS.
Visual Studio Code Setup
- I rotate between a few different themes: Midnight Synth, Cobalt 2, Shades of Purple, Night Owl, codeStackr, and Astro
- I use the Cascadia Code font which is free from Microsoft with Font Ligatures turned on. Fira Code is another great free option.