React and Serverless Fullstack Development
Tired of building Todo apps? Want to know what it’s like to build a real-world application from start to finish?
In this course, you will build a secure and production-ready fullstack typing application from start to finish. Along the way, you will learn core concepts of developing modern web applications like React, app security, Serverless Functions, and continuous integration. By then end of this course, you will have the knowledge you need to build amazing applications to share with the world!
Here’s what you will learn.
- Modern React including Hooks and the Context API
- Source Control with Git/Github
- CSS in JSS using Styled Components
- Storing Data using the Airtable API
- Securing applications using JSON Web Tokens
- Build and Deploying Serverless Functions in Netlify
- Creating a Light/Dark Mode
- Deploying to Netlify using Continuous Integration
Who Is This Course For
The beginner to intermediate developer who wants to learn how to build secure fullstack applications!
What You’ll Get
- 45+ videos
- full access to the source code (broken down by video)
- exclusive live Q&A sessions
- exclusive discord channel
- lifetime access and updates
Do these videos expire?
Nope, you’ll have lifetime access 😀
How do I login and view the course?
You can login at learn.jamesqquick.com. Use the login button in the top right.
Is this course for beginners?
I also found this course on Udemy… what gives?
Udemy is an amazing platform, but from my perspective as a content creator, it’s not ideal. I don’t have direct control over pricing, and the engagement level with students isn’t as high.
By moving my courses to Podia, I have a lot more control and flexibility in how I create content. So, to make it worth your while, I’m going to add a few extra benefits for enrolling on Podia.
- exclusive Discord channel for conversations
- exclusive live QandA sessions
- extra videos for cool new features
If you still want to take the course on Udemy, feel free. The core content will remain the same on both platforms.
Do you have any other courses?
Why yes, I do. You can find a full list of courses at https://www.jamesqquick.com/courses/
Are there refunds?
Yes. If you aren’t quite happy with the course, just let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Is there a student discount?
Sure thing! Send me an email at email@example.com with a picture of your student ID, and I’ll send you a 50% off link.
Other questions? Feel free to reach out in chat or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Course Overview and Project Setup
- course overview and resources
- create starter React project
2. Styled Components
- introduction to Styled Components
- create base styled components and style our pages
3. Game Functionality with React Hooks
- intro to React Hooks
- use hooks to track user input and score
4. Using the Context API to Share State Between Copmonents
- introduction to React Context
- track user’s score between components
5. Setup Airtable for Storing High Scores
- introduction to Airtable
- Airtable Workspace and API
6. Serverless Functions to Interact with Airtable
- introduction to Serverless Functions
- implement score functionality with Airtable
7. Adding Authentication with Auth0
- introduction to Authentication/Authorization and Auth0
- add authentication to our React app
8. Add Authentication to Serverless Function for Saving Score
- what are JSON Web Tokens (JWTs) and access tokens
- protect our save score serverless function with access tokens
9. Create Light/Dark Mode with Context API and Hooks
- define and implement theming in our application using React Hooks
10. Final Touches
- add last bit of styling
- add the final configurations in Netlify to deploy our app
11. Wrap Up
- recap of what we accomplished
- what do to do next